Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Red Dress - Finally!

It's been a while since I've done any posting - even though December has pretty much been a 'dead' month with my business. I've been keeping busy getting ready for Christmas. Making gifts, a little shopping, ect. I finally, last night, got around to downloading the couple of pics we took in Vegas of my red dress. The photo isn't the best, and the pose I am striking makes me look like some kind of hussy (believe me - I'm not!!); but it does show the dress.
I made the lace flower attachment a little smaller; I think it looks much more size appropriate.   The dress fit like a dream. I do believe that of all the dresses I have made for myself over the years, this is my absolute favorite. Love the color, love the style, love the fabrics.

I especially love the back of the skirt, how it flares out fuller that the front. It was very comfortable to wear, also.

The evening was lovely - it was my opportunity to see people I hadn't seen all year, and may not see many of them for another year. We attend this convention in Vegas every year, the first week in December.
It is the ICAS convention, which stands for International Council of Airshows. My husband is a performer in airshows; and unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend many of his performances this past year. Thus the reason I hadn't seen so many of my ICAS freinds in so long. As always, Vegas was fun; and an adventure, this year, as never before (more on that later).

1 comment:

  1. Candace~ breathtaking! What a beautiful gown! It looks very good on you! Is this one of your own creations? And, how did you make your flower accessory? Simply stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete